Firefox Security and Stability Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Mozilla team has released a new version of Mozilla Firefox. I did not get an automatic notification that a new version has been released and had to go to Help > Check for Updates manually to find out that a new update for Firefox has been released. It is most likely that the automatic update will kick in later today, for now use the way described above or go directly to the Firefox homepage and download the new version from there.
The release notes contain a list of things that have been fixed and improved in Firefox 2.0.0.12. The list contains three critical fixes, one high fix, three moderate and three low ones. The critical fixes are related to Web browsing history and forward navigation stealing (1), Privilege escalation, XSS, Remote Code Execution (2) and Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.8.1.12) (3).
My advise is to update the browser immediately to close this security vulnerabilities.

Firefox Security and Stability Update :

Just updated! Thanks for the post. I liked the post on slashdot saying that 29% of users are using firefox. Mozilla might win the browser war in time. Thanks!

I'll get the update once I get setup at the new house. Thanks for the heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom