Computer won't power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Solid State Member
Hello I have a laptop that I was on and all of the sudden it just powered off without warning. After it powered off, I can't get it to come back on. I tried different AC adapters so I know it's not that. Also, I had the battery tested and it shows good. I tried powering with just the battery, with just the AC adapter, and with both. It won't power at all. I did notice that the LED lights will flash for about 1/2 a second and then go out when I press the power button. I would send it in but Gateway told me it would be $300 for "out-of-warranty" repair. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Logan

u mean u tryed a new AC adapter already? was the laptop realy hot wen it turned off without warning?

I have already tried a new AC adapter and it wasn't that. It still won't power on. As for it being hot, it seemed pretty normal when I went to unplug it I didn't feel any extreme heat or anything. I don't think it was a heating issue because I could hear the fan running and it's very noisy...(sounds like a small jet engine) ok that's an exaggeration but really...fan is LOUD. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom