Laptop for a friend 1000$-1500$

Status
Not open for further replies.

countrydude

Baseband Member
Hey. My friend is looking to buy a laptop and he asked me for some help. So I was wondering if you guys got any suggestions on a laptop for him. He will be mainly gaming on the laptop and his budget is 1000$-1500$.

I did some searching also and I found this one. Tell me what you think. I think its a pretty good deal if they can get some in.

Gateway P-6831FX

He was also looking for a Laptop that can have the video card upgraded. Im not positive but I don't think you can get a laptop with upgradable videocard capabilities at that price range.

Also if you have found any others then please post links. And i'm up in Canada.

It's decent but you can get more for the price. Check out the dell vostros or xps and mess with the options.

Yeah I went to the Dell website and I was not able to make a better configuration for 1400$. What I'm more interested in is a better GPU than a better CPU. Also the CPU on the laptop I mentioned above can be upgraded.

Graphics cards in laptops are hard to upgrade, it's doale but not across the board.

You really can't beat the G1S B1. Sure that one has an 8800 in it, but it's a mobile 8800 and won't be quite as good as the real thing. Plus, the G1S is normally priced at $1999.99 and is on sale at newegg for 450$$ less. (P.S. I just bought my G1S-B1 about 15 minutes ago :p) Withe the ASUS you get a much faster drive, the ability to upgrade to 4GB for only 70 bucks, a nice GPU, a High Def screen, HDMI Out, quad USB 2.0, eSATA, D-Sub..... Trust me, you can't beat the ASUS G1S-B1 right now for that price, but you have to act quick because NewEgg won't have it on sale forever you know... If he really wants, he can get the 17" for only 200 more... The screen on the ASUS can't be beat either. 1680x1050 on a 15.4" screen with very good technoology built in. I would be upset if you chose that best buy P.O.S. over the ASUS...

haha well if it isn't alexinator lol yes i tried looking for a laptop better than the ASUS i recommended and its not possible. well on newegg its not.

Check ExcaliberPC.com They have it for the same pricve right now, but it also includes a $100 set of Steels-sound headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom