8800GT Superclocked fan %'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
what should i change my fan speeds to in rivatuner? its at 29% duty cycle, 53c idle, i bumped it to 45% and its at 50c at the moment. Is that ok? does making it faster ruin the card?

what should i change my fan speeds to in rivatuner? its at 29% duty cycle, 53c idle, i bumped it to 45% and its at 50c at the moment. Is that ok? does making it faster ruin the card?

Making it faster keeps the card cooler, thereby lengthening its life. I have mine set at 70% since anymore makes too much noise.

at 45% im getting 53c when playing day of defeat source. i would say going from my x1600pro my fps has almost doubled.

Just go as high as you can tolerate. The fan shouldn't get damaged because its designed to go that high. Keep in mind that it will collect more dust so expect to clean the fan/cooler more often.

I remember i was getting artifacts with my old 6800gs and it turned out to be all of the dust that collected in the fan. Slowing down airflow/fan speed and rising my temps by alot. Scared the mess out of me.

i cant change the fan speeds anymore in rivatuner, when i click the box next to customize there is no fan option anymore (the icon that looked like the videocard is missing) how do i fix this???

Yeah, I have mine setup to auto adjust with Rivatuner. Seeing as automatic feature with the driver doesn't seem to work at all, it's the only way that I know of to make the automatic feature actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom