Can I hook a tower up to my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doer.

Baseband Member
I have a special addition HP Pavilion dv2660se laptop, and as some of you already know, I am interested in building a new gaming rig. Now, I want to be able to hook this rig up to my laptop as a monitor. Is this possible? I heard something about a kvm switch to make it easier.

I also read up on whats called RDP (Remote desktop), anybody know anything about this?

sorry to say but nope not possible. unless (i dont know anything about your computer) your laptop has a video IN which is not something that most laptops have. i was looking into the same thing but nope you could run it through a network connection but that takes forever to setup and maintain. also most people notice a crap load of lag when running games that way. believe me i wish but unless there is a video IN like vga dvi (make sure its an INPUT not output) or something then no.

It does have a VGA port, and if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

no it has to have a vga INPUT the vga on your laptop is a vga output so you can hook up an extra monitor to your laptop for dual screen

about 30mins north Atlanta, GA

oh ok, because I have a friend with Looby as their last name, was gonna say, small world (he lives like 13 hours from me)

and btw, in the manuel, the it states all the connections being input/output but doesn't clarify weather or not each one is input, output, or both. I'm trying to figure out if its input as well.

wow another looby? thats weird i am the only looby that i know huh i have found its a unique last name

i highly doubt that the vga can be an input or an output but if it is it will be the only one i have EVER heard of

oh well, guess i'll have to spend a few extra bucks to get a monitor. No biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom