Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuong

Baseband Member
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R- $129

Galaxy GeForce 8800GTS 650MHZ 512MB 1.94GHZ-$247

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-$258

OCZ Platinum XTC PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL5-4-4-15 DDR2- $115

Comes to around $750 Cdn. Trying to save as much money as I can but still get great performance. what do you guys think.

is the galaxy slower then evga? the galaxy has 650MHZ and i think the evga has 670MHZ. Is there any noticable difference in performance in these cards?

Go for the cheaper one. Stock clocks on these cards are irrelevant, I'm sure you'll be able to get the Galaxy one to 750-800mhz with Rivatuner.

Gurusan Speaks Truth... And you know about vista 64 with 4gb right? just want to make sure... Xp can't handle more than 3 gb its a limitation of any 32-bit operating system tmk....

I didn't know that, but I don't think I want to use vista. Im pretty good with XP and don't want to go with something different. I Guess I will just go with 2gb of something else.

im think im also in need of a PSU. not too expensive one, maybe around 50-60. what am I looking for in a PSU?

And will I need to buy thermal paste for the Q6600 or is it already applied like my E6300 i bought last year.

im think im also in need of a PSU. not too expensive one, maybe around 50-60. what am I looking for in a PSU?

And will I need to buy thermal paste for the Q6600 or is it already applied like my E6300 i bought last year.

Newegg.com - XCLIO STABLEPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

If it is OEM you will have to buy thermal paste and a new Heatsink.
If u want to overclock far, have to buy thermal paste and new heatsink.

No, it is retail which mean it comes with heat sink with pre applied paste.

But to over clock, and over clock well you will need artic silver 5 or MX-2 as the thermal paste and an after market heat sink such as the Scythe ninja, tuniq tower or the 120 Ultra Extreme (AKA TRUE).
And MX-2 is slightly better than Artic silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom