Curious... Why not a console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most pc gamers grew up when consoles had nothing compared to pc graphics, and as such have tended to stick to pcs.

Keyboard & Mouse
Online Play (Online play is great and free on PC, Xbox 360 costs money, Playstations sucks)
Better FPS, RPG, and Strategy games

Play Counter-Strike on an Xbox and then tell me you don't know why I have a gaming PC.

Plus, my PC ***** slaps any stupid little console.

Strategy games and RPG's. You can edit everything about RPGs, and add stuff on, which is expanding for the 360, but no individual mods. And strategy simply sucks on console

I'm on the fence with this one, the reason i would side with PC games over console games is because of online play. I hate xbox live and will never spend money to play a game online.

I would side with console games because i enjoy using a controller over mouse and keyboard and they used to have a lot better single player campaigns, and much better storyline/gameplay then what they do now. i find 9/10 console games are flashy, extremely short, and have no replay value.

But if you look at the price performance side, consoles win, no problems, 400$ xbox vs a 1500-2000$ high end gaming rig? i just really hope Metal Gear 4 blows me away because i am quickly losing faith in my dear consoles :(

With PC's you have faster load times. That is what drove me away from alot of the Console games is the super long load times. and plus with a PC you can always upgrade parts if you want to later to play better games.

everything has been said. A gaming PC offers much more than just a regular console. Of coarse you are paying much more for similar graphics, the experience is much more deep. I think the best to put it and as it was partially said -

Consoles are for people who want to play games and PC's are for people who want to really get into their games. The amount of customization and upgradability that a PC offers is far superior to that of any console and honestly with a gaming PC...gaming itself is only half the fun. The other half is all the other things that go with it such as overclocking/modding/benchmarking/etc.

Basically as another person said, if at the end of the day you really don't know why you spent this much compared to what a console costs then you won't see the glory of having a gaming PC that you can make unique to yourself. Freedom is the key with a pc- and that is why it will always attract the die-hard gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom