MS Word documents will not download properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkim777

Beta member
Hi, all. Hope nobody minds a silly question but I have a Yahoo Group and put a lot of Ms Word documents there for all to download and use. One of the users says that when he downloads the MS Word documents in one of the folders, he gets a prompt from MS Word asking which standard to decode it with and then gets meaningless gibberish when it goes into MS Word. I and many others have no problem downloading them and opening them in MS Word.

This particular user has tried his Vista computer and several others as well as a Windows 98 PC. Can anyone please offer advice on what he is doing, or not doing, that doesn't allow him to open up these documents correctly in their native MS Word format? TIA.

--
Bob

HAve you personally tried to download it? Have you checked to make sure it was a correct format and all?

If so then it could be anything. It could be his setup. It could be his ISP. It could jsut be he has a virus and/or spyware that is corrupting his download.

Thank you for the fast reply. I have been able to download and open them myself with no problem. If you have time, the files are deeds in the Warranty Deed and Quitclaim Deed folders of our Yahoo Group at the link below:

http://tinyurl.com/22tlc3

They should easily open up in MS Word. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks again!

--
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom