Pc Shutting Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Baseband Member
Hi everyone!

This PC was working fine then I moved it( carefuly) to connect a usb cable on the back and it suddently turned off. I turn it on again and if I move it it turns off immediately. I checked all the cables and connections and are ok.
Now it even turns off without moving it. I do not have any spair parts to test with but I suspect the Power Supply is the problem.

thanks for any help you can give me!

You could also check to see if everything is seated right, and make sure that the motherboard isn't shorting out against the case.

If you want a quick way to test your PSU, you canalways do the paperclip test.

take your PSU out of your comp, and take either a case fan, or just a cd drive, and hook it up via the molex (or SATA) plug. Then take a paperclip/unbend it. Insert one end into the green connector of the main connector, and then insert the other end of the PSU into a black connector. Plug in your PSU/turn it on. Make sure the CD rom drive and/or fan operates.

Or you can go out and buy a PSU tester that tests all of your rails.

Thanks for your answer!

Sorry english is not my first language. Could you tell me what means that the motherboard is shorting out against the case and how could I test that?

Also, what is the PSU?

thanks again
I really appreciate your help

Make sure there are spacers in between your motherboard and your case. Make sure the back of the motherboard isn't touching the motherboard tray in the case.

And a PSU is your power supply.

And np =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom