computer shuts down to black no signal screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxguy2

Beta member
I have two P4 computers that have died about a month apart. I thought power supplies were the problem so I replaced them but they still die at random times and some times at start up.

I get no warning except that one makes a series of chirping sounds either before, during, or after death. The other just dies silently.

I have run Western Digital hard drive diagnostics and both check ok on all tests. I have run Microsoft memory diagnostics and both check ok on all tests. I have reinstalled from scratch the op sys on both and it doesn't help.

When these die, they just stop and go to black screen indicating no signal. There are no blue screens or error codes of any kind. Both use on-board video. One is a Dell and the other is a Jetway system.

When they do get up and run, they run flawlessly. Sometimes they will go for hours and other times just a couple of minutes before death. Sometimes they just won't start up and it is always just a black screen stating no signal.

There is not fan or hard drive noise when they die. They just completely shut down as if you turned off the power.

Any ideas?

Try disconnecting everything (such as secondary hard drives, cd drives, usb devices, run on stick of ram etc.) except things you need.

If it still does it then id be blaming the psu or motherboard.

do a CMOS wipe. That can be risky so look it up first. Download all drivers. And check ur bios for any overclocking or anything, that has been known to short-circuit mbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom