computer being retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
ok my computer is having problems. i turned it on today and it immediately makes a consistent beep that doesnt stop and will not boot windows. all fans and stuff are going but it beeps and the monitor light flashes. so i looked inside and made sure everything was in right and reseated the ram. the computer booted up.

got into windows and then after a minute or two there was a beeping through the headphones now, the screen went to blue with text that is just a quick flash i cant even read except the only thing i remember seeing was it said physical memory dump somewhere.

after that its back to the beeping and not even booting phase. whats going on?

If you still have the manual for your Motherboard, you can look up the pattern of the beep in the manual. This is called a beep code or a stop code. There is a very specific pattern to this beep and you can use that code to tell what is wrong. At first read, it sounds as if you may be having a cooling issue with your CPU.

Start>Right Click on My Computer>Properties>Startup and Recovery.

Turn off the Automatically restart on crash and let us know what the Stop Error code is and wha the words in all CAPS says.

ok well i dont have the manual but i know when it beeps its not a set amount it goes as long as its on. i did what makaveli suggested and when it went to blue screen i got this

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and then it went on to tell me to check bios and use safe mode etc. any advice?

Do you by chance know the STOP error code that it gave you at the bottom? if you don't, and you get the BSOD again, write that number down (should start with 0x00...), as well as the text in all caps at the top.

If you got a physical memory dump, sounds like you might have some memory issues. Download memtest86 and run that for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom