I need some help deciding what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipper145

Solid State Member
Well, I'm trying to get together a computer that will run games fairly well, including COD4, Supreme Commander, Crysis(doesn't have to be that high) and most importantly Age of Conan.

This is my computer right now:
AMD 3800x2 cpu
Asus A8V motherboard
AGP x1600 PRO videocard
2x512 MB DDR Ram (some generic ram, I don't know who makes it)
300GB SATA Hard Drive
Antec Sonata 2 case with 450watt Smart Power 2.0

I'm mostly focused on being able to run age of conan on high settings, as I'll probably be playing that game for a while to come. I'm just not sure what to do. I seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. I can't really find any decent AGP cards for a decent price. (Keep in mind I'm in Canada so I can't use newegg) I was planning on getting a good agp card, and upgrading to 2gb of ram. But AGP cards are alot harder to find now. I was thinking along the lines of x1950pro, and 2x512mb ddr ram. But that alone would cost me around 400$. For double that cost I could get a whole new computer. If I were to get a new computer, I probably have ~800$ to spend, and already have a harddrive, cddrive, powersupply, case, and OS. What are your suggestions for me to do? Upgrade my current computer? Or buy a whole new one in a few months?

your talking 800 Canadian right?

I would save the hard drive/ and case. The PSU is pretty much junk and i wouldn't trust it to run anything more powerful.

your talking 800 Canadian right?

I would save the hard drive/ and case. The PSU is pretty much junk and i wouldn't trust it to run anything more powerful.

Ya, 800$ canadian. And ****, thats a shame, I was hoping I could save some money by using the same PSU

I would say you are probably going to need a fairly recent graphics card for those games. 7900GT on ebay for 150.00 thats USD though.

I can get a 2600xt for about 139.99 or a x1950 GT for about 149.99, my question is what would be the better buy?

I have the x1950gt. Its a pretty decent card and will run those games low, maybe medium high maybe on some (but your ram cpu my bottle a little)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom