Curious... Why not a console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I have been wondering... why would you spend so much money on a computer to play a game when a console (xbox 360, playstation, etc) could pump out better performance for much less money?

Because my computer is better than a console, and for the price of consoles you could at least upgrade an existing computer to play the games well.

"better performance"? Pshhhht. Hardly. Besides all the reasons listed above (pr0n? no thanks), a PC gives you the opportunity to be as unique as you want. I can swap out parts to increase (or decrease) my storage and capabilities, change to a different case, or even mod my case. I am not restricted to a single format of game or a narrow selection of titles, and can even play console titles should I want to run an emulater.

Why would I want to waste $200-$300 on a console and then $50+ a pop for games?

"better performance"? Pshhhht. Hardly. Besides all the reasons listed above (pr0n? no thanks), a PC gives you the opportunity to be as unique as you want. I can swap out parts to increase (or decrease) my storage and capabilities, change to a different case, or even mod my case. I am not restricted to a single format of game or a narrow selection of titles, and can even play console titles should I want to run an emulater.

Why would I want to waste $200-$300 on a console and then $50+ a pop for games?
ah my new argument

"HOLY CRAP you SPEND $1000 on a GAMING COMPUTER ZOMG YOU SHOULD've GOT A PS3"

"I have paid $0 for games while you have 12 games $55 on average :p"

hrmm.. and the reason consoles appear to be better... is because w/ consoles the games they have to make are programed w/ specific hardware, where as pc's they have to consider drivers for for so many different parts.. chipsets, cpu's gpu's, operating systems... there's just so much....

pc's are just alot funner, and definitely a more worth while hobbie that actually teaches you some things :cyclopes:

A console is for someone who just likes to play games.

Most people who game on a pc are involved much more then just gaming. Upgrading components and overclocking are another very common involvement PC gamers also have.

K&M ftw!

not to mention pc's have way better visuals and performance plus a wider selection of games. don't get me wrong i love my ps3 but nothing compares to a pc imo.

Besides what everyone else has already said... Theres the point of people being into computer games since until a few years ago online gaming was pretty much only for computers. So people like computer games and stick with it.

Hey,
I have been wondering... why would you spend so much money on a computer to play a game when a console (xbox 360, playstation, etc) could pump out better performance for much less money?

Better performance ? Whaaa?

The thing that is annoying about consoles is you really can't upgrade them much like a PC. They are what they are. While the latest and greatest is cool at the moment, when the next big thing comes on you're stuck with the little $500 paperweight.

With a PC, if you build it up to today's "fast PC" standards, you can play the latest and greatest games (including the older games too which can still be great) but also you'll be able to play the future latest and greatest games if you simply bring your graphics quality down... And then you can upgrade over time. It's also fun building your own system, kind of like building a motor. Highly customizable.

For me PC graphics have always looked better than console graphics. That might have some to do with the high resolution monitors that PCs are played on, though I've yet to play a console game on a high def. TV set.

As mentioned before, MODS ARE GREAT! It's like getting a half dozen different games in one. And also there's a huge selection of PC games.

Keyboard and mouse is such a better control set up than a controller IMO. Especially with shooter games. For me it's always been so hard to aim with the directional pad/joystick setup.

Online multiplayer gaming is simple with a PC. Most of all I think very few people build a high performance PC for just gaming purposes, unless they got a lot of money to blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom