PCI-Express Time for The Harper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Gong Xi Fa Cai!

It's chinese new year, and I have been promising my myself to get a new video card around now.

The main thing that is limiting me on my cards is price. I don't play games as much as I used to, but i would like to purchase a video card, and then hopefully not have to upgrade any thing else (not including hard drives) for the rest of the year.

What I will be doing is motherboards from my Main PC ( MSI K8N-Neo2 Platimum with APG slot ) with my Torrent Box ( MSI RS482M4-L with PCI-E Slot ). Can say that I am 100% thrilled with having a mATX motherboard in my main system. However if I can old out from having to upgrade my AMD Opteron Dual Core 175 for another 12 more months, I will be happy.

In the main time, i will be selling off my xFx nVidia GeForce 7800GS 256Mb Extreme Edition to help finance the purchase of the new video card

Currently I am considering about picking up the
SAPPHIRE HD3870 BLUE 512M 256-BIT GDDR4 PCIE2.0, BLUE SINGLE SLOT
I can get one of these for about AU$280

Althernitively, at the around about the same price, it's
Gigabyte® nVidia® GeForce 8600GTS GPU, 256MB DDR3,128Bit, 2xDual Link DVI-I,FanSink, DirectX 10 Ready, Silent Pipe 3

I can currently looking at the Tom's Hardware, and when it's coming down to for bang for buck, The ATiHD3870 seem to be eating the 8600GTS alive

I really have no interest in paying AU$400 plus for GeForce 8800GTS and onwards. However if some one would like to point me in the direction for what sort of good deals I can get in the US / UK that will work out to be around AU$350 (US$311 / €213 / ₤160), then I might arrange some thing via Paypal

Alternitively, I can get a better deal on the ATi HD3870, I am interested too.

the ATI hd3870 does kill the 8600gts, so does the hd3850 (also noteworthy, 8800gts 640mb performance for $200 less)

Guess celebrating Chinese New Years is not allowed here... We should just all be grumpy gnomes with our underpants scrunched up too tight.

grab a 8800gt - just so that I'm helpful

See your learning peter, had you done your and I qoute:
"恭喜發財!"
And then said something helpful, I would not have deleted it.

Anyways, this is a one sided battle, noone is going to reccomend the 8600..

Well, it would seem that I just sold the my old AGP video card. So it's time for me to order in the new one.

I am getting the ATi HD3870

PO has been sent to supplier.
And most likely this week end, I am not going to have my old video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom