If your laptop came with an IDE drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. You might run into some trouble if they press you about it (no idea how or why they would) but it is actually illegal for them to void your warranty for such a thing. And if they do press it, say you had Geeksquad open it up, not you yourself. Who makes your laptop, anyways? I thought you'd said it was HP but I don't see you writing that. Just curious.

Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422.

It's an IDE. I was just curious to know what it was.

In that case, if I were to take on the task of replacing hinges for the laptop down the road, Toshiba wouldn't be able to void my warranty if I did a successful repair. Eh?

Check your invoice or with the manufacture. They are only a phone call away.

In that case, if I were to take on the task of replacing hinges for the laptop down the road, Toshiba wouldn't be able to void my warranty if I did a successful repair. Eh?

No, but they might make it difficult for you. Indian tech support like theirs just reads stuff from a script, they're not necessarily concerned with laws and so forth. But if you're still under warranty couldn't Toshiba just do such a repair for you? You'd have to pay to ship it to them most likely, but it's probably worth the $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom