e6400 running way too hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
mx-2 is the newer better stuff. and are you going to get a new hsf? if so, get the TRUE.

thats what i thought well i'll get that then. no im not planning on getting a new HSF until i get a new cpu.

Any high CFM fan will do..

Though some good HIGH CFM and low noise ones are Sunon/Delta branded.

alright well i think i'll pick up a couple silverstone fans then. the sunon ones are all sold out on the egg, and i believe delta isn't carried on the egg.

Why must you only order from newegg?

Other websites Exsist ya know.
Computer Cases, HTPC cases, CPU Coolers, Power Supplies at the best prices
tigerdirect
clubit
Computer Cases at Xoxide.com - PC Cases

There are more..
i know of other websites but newegg has been the only one to consistently offer perfect customer service, although i've never dealt with clubit before. i have been looking at many websites and newegg usually has the best prices for the products i am getting anyway. plus i don't see the point of ordering some parts from one place and some from another, it just doesn't seem like shipping would justify itself.

Oh and zipzoomfly.com

If you actually looked you will find some products at a cheaper price even with shipping, and then some with free shipping, especially on zipzoomfly

Oh and zipzoomfly.com

If you actually looked you will find some products at a cheaper price even with shipping, and then some with free shipping, especially on zipzoomfly

that may be, im sure they have cheaper prices on some products. however it usually never seems to be the ones im currently looking at. for instance... im currently looking at getting an xfx 8800gts g92 that newegg has for $279 AMIR, the antec p182 case that newegg has for $89 AMIR, and the 550W corsair psu that newegg has for $69 AMIR. i've looked at plenty of places and can not find a better deal on any of those products, and all together its $10 shipping to my door. if you know of a better place to find these products that would be nice to know.

plus to me its not always about the cheapest buy, im one to show a little support to companies that i believe are worthy of my business. im not going to skimp on $5 here and there for stuff that will end up making my already complicated life more complicated by having to keep receipts and e-mails from multiple retailers when i can make my life easier by doing it the way i have always done it.

Your temps are amazingly high...........

I'm also using an E6400, I run 3.2ghz daily at 1.320v (read by CPUZ, don't remember my BIOS setting), and my temps are 22-25C Idle, and 48-50C running PRIME. At this point, I'm thinking you didn't mount your HS properly......... I can't think of any other reason why you are getting such high temps.

Your temps are amazingly high...........

I'm also using an E6400, I run 3.2ghz daily at 1.320v (read by CPUZ, don't remember my BIOS setting), and my temps are 22-25C Idle, and 48-50C running PRIME. At this point, I'm thinking you didn't mount your HS properly......... I can't think of any other reason why you are getting such high temps.

yeah i know right. well i just got a new case and some stuff so im in the process of taking everything out, so i'll just remount it again tomorrow. yeah those are the temps i'd like to be getting!!! what cooler are you using?

i see well. i think its alright now, i had to reseat my heatsink when i transfered everything to the new case i got. anyways im getting 35-39C idle now.. and 50-60C load @ 3.2 ghz so i think its not to shabby. when i get a new processor i'll pick up a new cooler as well probably the thermalright over the tuniq though.

thank you guys for all the suggestions and help as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom