Laptop for school

Status
Not open for further replies.

El loco

In Runtime
I have been looking around for a new workhorse laptop but so far I have had no luck.
Basically I'm looking for something cheap(the cheaper the better, $500 or less) for school work. It must have microsoft word, power point,etc.. and be able to connect to wireless internet.

if anyone can point me to such a thing I will appreciate it.

You're prob going to have to get a used one. A new one with ms word + tax would be around 600-650 at the least.

Try Openoffice its free an has the same features as MS office an supports all office file extensions.

As for the laptop a Dell Inspiron 1525 it starts at $499 an would make a good workhorse for you, Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Product Details

But seriously look into open office, all the features of MS office with non of the cost.

the eee PC is a nice little laptop but for working its not a option unless its for taking to a meeting an then transferring to your regular desktop.

You could probably find something nice on eBay for $500 of course it will be used. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 that would be excellent for school work. You could pick one up for around $300-$500 if you search. Also Openoffice I feel is better and it's free!!!. Good Luck. OpenOffice.org: Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom