q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing ntune is useful for is turning SLI on and off, and overclocking your video cards. Still waiting on rivatuner or ATItool to release a version that freaking works with the GTS512.

Eh, i have eist and c1e both on. And still broke 20k 3dmark06, with them on :) Considering i leave my rig on 24/7 during the winter (never relit the pilot light for my heater) it saves me a few bucks in electricity.

speedstep doesn't always affect your overclock. I, for one, have never had any problems leaving it on. No sense in using tons of power if you're just idling.

i had a 680i A1...Nosboost300 has it now.

i also had it stable up to 3.6Ghz and i ran it through various benchmarks at 4.0-4.1 with a tuniq for cooling.

I also used the P30 BIOS as they are currenty the best for overclocking a quad. you may need to upgrade to that version to get a better/stable OC

heres my settings i used for 3.2Ghz and DDR2-800 Crucial Ballistix ram
mattspictures301ii3.jpg

mattspictures300yp7.jpg

mattspictures304io3.jpg

mattspictures303qq8.jpg

mattspictures302xl2.jpg
I set my stuff to the same except for the

nforce spp
nforce mpp
and ht nforce spp

and i got a fatal error (blue screen of death) after i tried to search for ati tool... didnt get a chance to start prime up...

But is my error due to not setting those nforce spp and nforce mpp and ht nforce? I didnt know they had to be set to anything..

edit:
I set everything exactly as you had it and i just got that blue screen again something about a page file or watever after i opend up systemproperties to check on the ghz... i'm not exactly sure what im doing wrong... i turned off that cie thing also

mattspictures303qq8.jpg

This is the only thing i dont have set to the same... should i set this stuff in bios to be exactly the same so i can get that stable OC?

btw, i think my problem might be that i bought the wrong ram for my mobo... what kind of ram do you have mgcook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom