Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering would need another pump if you are going to cool your CPU and GPU with water cooling. Since the liquid coming from the CPU would already be warm when it goes through the GPU.

Any help would be nice!

you can use a Y-splitter to cool both cpu and gpu at the same time

Best trick I found out was to use a nice hot blow dryer. I borrowed a lovely hello kitty one form one of my house mates. **** thing was nearly a heatgun, but it straight up just melted the adhesive and the pump popped right out. And the adhesive was still good enough to be used again :D

ooh hey thats a good idea! I didn't want to have the heat gun sitting in there, would melt any wires in no time XD i'll remember that.

you can use a Y-splitter to cool both cpu and gpu at the same time

Bad idea, you then have half the pressure going through each which will just further kill your pressure form the restriction generated by each block. As well as any restriction caused by the Y fitting itself.

It is much more efficient to run them in a series and just do away with Y fittings.

Bad idea, you then have half the pressure going through each which will just further kill your pressure form the restriction generated by each block. As well as any restriction caused by the Y fitting itself.

It is much more efficient to run them in a series and just do away with Y fittings.

i know but he wanted to furthur cool off his gpu. if he had a fairly powerful pump, losing the pressure shouldn't be a problem with Y fittings. it's not efficient but as long as it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom