Potential trouble for 9800gx2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running 750mhz core and 1050mhz on the memory, my card idles at 40 and loads 52ish. GTS512.

Oddly enough, the GT is having issues with memory also. Blame qmodo.

Did you replace the thermal paste? I know my GTS320 came down about 15C when i redid the paste and got rid of the pads.

heres a solution. Get a good air flow full tower n Artic Cooling MX-2. Replace the GPUs thermal compound with MX-2. There, problem solved! NEXT!!!!

heres a solution. Get a good air flow full tower n Artic Cooling MX-2. Replace the GPUs thermal compound with MX-2. There, problem solved! NEXT!!!!

ya but the 9800gx2 cores are so fragile u might damage them taking the heatsink off lol. not to mention it looks like a huge pain in the *** considerign th heatsink cover goes all the way around teh card.

I took the heatsinks off my GTS512 and the gx2 is essentially just a tweaked GTS512.

true, but this is the first time a dual gpu is dual slot WITH TWO PCB'S, not one, so it gonna be harder like amd gt player said; posted pics of the GX2 being taken apart n i think looks like a pain in the butt to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom