Project Pink - new pics in post #21 (56k warning.... many pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
self etching primer is only for BARE metal...most of the factory paint is so ****** that its rough enough to paint on already....i know my CM690 case paint is the worst i've ever seen. its extremely rough and bubbly.

agreed, as is mine. I plan on sanding it down and powder coating it soon. Gunmetal CM690 FTW!

self etching primer is only for BARE metal...most of the factory paint is so ****** that its rough enough to paint on already....i know my CM690 case paint is the worst i've ever seen. its extremely rough and bubbly.

roger that. from what i can see, quite a bit of that case is bare metal.
note the "all the things silver in that last picture is going to be pink" part of ethereal's post. silver = bare metal.
lol at the rough and tumble factory paint job...just scuff it with fine grit sandpaper and it will stick fine (as long as it's not like a glossy finish).

roger that. from what i can see, quite a bit of that case is bare metal.
note the "all the things silver in that last picture is going to be pink" part of ethereal's post. silver = bare metal.
lol at the rough and tumble factory paint job...just scuff it with fine grit sandpaper and it will stick fine (as long as it's not like a glossy finish).

yeah

its easier to get some fine or extra fine steel wool and do it that way...same effect but steel wool is better with the curves and the lines of a computer case.

How much does powder coat cost? Id like to get mine done too and since we in the same area....

My dad gets the hookup from a company in irving, who does all of my dad's powder coating for his business. I also got my rims done black on my acura rsx- looks sick-

Im not sure how much it would be to do a case, but i will be doing the inside and out. Sparkly gunmetal. :) I will let you know a price this week if you are serious.

powder coating can be expensive compared to spray paint.

i was quoted $50 for my case if i sandblasted it myself....and that was from someone i knew..most other places will want close to 100

My dad gets the hookup from a company in irving, who does all of my dad's powder coating for his business. I also got my rims done black on my acura rsx- looks sick-

Im not sure how much it would be to do a case, but i will be doing the inside and out. Sparkly gunmetal. :) I will let you know a price this week if you are serious.

Id like just the inside, plain and simple black. Man irving is right there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom