Evga 680i LT SLI ---> Evga 680i SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I might as well have gotten a B3, oh well. I never notice a difference between 3.24 and 3.51, so 3.6 can't be much better for what I use it for. Aside from benchmarking of course.

Theres definately a difference between 3.6 and 2.4. I was in agony for the 4 weeks i had to run it at stock speed on the craptacular Abit 650i.

Theres definately a difference between 3.6 and 2.4. I was in agony for the 4 weeks i had to run it at stock speed on the craptacular Abit 650i.

tell me about it, because of this stupid ASUS board I got running now, with no support for these 45nms, I am running my e8400 at 2.0ghz! because the bios wont move the multi above 6x. and I dont wanna push the fsb, because it wont make much diff at 6x, and because it is running hot right now for some reason..

Oh yeah, definitely a difference from stock to where I have it now. I just doubt the extra 900mhz would be noticeable to me.

Out of curiousity, what is the VID of your chip. I run mine at 3.6ghz with 1.4v and idle around 40C, load around 52C. I cant get it to survive a 4ghz run though, even with 1.5v. I think i still need to up the voltage on the FSB some more.

i used 1.55v for my 3.9ghz 3dmark run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom