q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anytime you increase FSB speeds beyond stock, you need to supply more voltage to the components.

ok so im at 3ghz now and its gettin unstable, i have my voltage set on auto and it was reading 1.14 in bios and 1.152 in cpuz...??? so i upped it to 1.15 in bios restart go into bios agin and its showing it set to 1.15 but it says current voltage is 1.05 or something, save +exit restart, went to cpuz and it sayed same thing right before i got the bsod in windows... set it back to auto and went down to 2.8 agin where its stable on auto/stock voltage. is this normal to set the voltages and get a lower actual voltage supplied? ill post a pic if yall dont get what im saying

auto is a terrible thing to do when overclocking, because it sometimes may volt TOO high on things such as the northbridge, and give you very undesirable temps

kk thx agin guys it got every thing off auto and set to what mg cook had except core voltage which im tweaking now.

ntune doesnt like me lol but these are the voltages i put in its all manual do they look ok or should i change something like NOW!
voltslg4.png

edit: i looked on the corsair site and they said my memory was tested at 1.9v
and i was using coretemp to monitor temps not this...

uninstall ntune...its junk, it will do nothing but reset next time you restart your computer

it made my crash numerous times when trying to OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom