Nvidia Acquires Ageia

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats good. im sure developers will make more use of the technology if they incorporate it with gpu's. im gona be geting a physics card for my new system

Newer games will start to support more physics. The new star wars game is suppose to have some dynamic physics.

3 differ physics engines actually. Havok, Euphoria, n DIMMEN or something like that. The "DIMMEN", i forget name, means when objects have a molecule substance to direct contact. Basically, if ur main char uses the force on metal, u will see it bend like metal, wood break like wood should break, glass breaking into pieces like glass would in real life, etc.

i hope the Wii version is good, or im gonna wait to see a port to the PC.

Well, it was a good buy, but doesn't nVidia already implicate a Physics engine (I forget what its called Quantum Effects Technology or something) in their 8 series GPU's, and weren't they planning on doing that from the rest of the cards?

or is this just to make it like have a dedicated one in all their cards from here on in?

By dedicated you mean integrated into the chip? or part of their software that optimizes whats already on the board?

PS: Congrats Vernong on your 10k posts

By dedicated you mean integrated into the chip? or part of their software that optimizes whats already on the board?

PS: Congrats Vernong on your 10k posts

honestly I'm not sure, but thats all I know, I haven't used a good GPU in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom