E8400 or Q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would choose the q6600...it's more of a futureproof processor as things become optimized for more than 2 cores.

q6600

More I have read the 8400 runs rather hot. It is the newest thing out there but the q6600 is one awesome processor. Future proofing is always good however if you could wait a month I would go with the new quad cores. Even better than the choices you have listed and really close to the same price.

The q6600 or the 9450. The 45nm quads were having stability issues though, so they got pushed back. The prices on the q6600 are rediculous right now though, with a good cooler you can run it easily at 3.6ghz. FWIW, to run a 9450 at 3.6ghz, you are going to need a good motherboard that can support 450mhz FSB, since it only has an 8x multi.

The q6600 or the 9450. The 45nm quads were having stability issues though, so they got pushed back. The prices on the q6600 are rediculous right now though, with a good cooler you can run it easily at 3.6ghz. FWIW, to run a 9450 at 3.6ghz, you are going to need a good motherboard that can support 450mhz FSB, since it only has an 8x multi.

what is the next quad up that will have a 9x? because 8x really suck... :( that makes me really sad. If I remember the price dif between the 9450 and the next one up is big right? I sure hope not..

edit- yeah 200 jump in price.. poo

oh man, 7.5. Wow, why did intel do that? this 8 and 7.5 is not cool. makes it really hard to oc. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom