AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

how are you doing it wildside?
raising multiplier?
or are you raising clock speed and fiddling around with it like that.
it should hit 3.2 just by increasing the multi to 16, at stock volts. i haven't monkeyed with mine as much as i'd like...but it seems that it doesnt like a high clock too much. my 3600 would hit over 330. i dont think this 5000 will touch that, but overall speed it goes much higher with little or no voltage increase.

Currently stressing my system with orthos, oc'd 5000+ to 3.1ghz with 15.5 multiplier and 1.425 voltage adjustment. Can prolly get 3.2, or maybe not, mobos fault not chip. Gonna let the 3.1 clock burn in for a while, and keep it stabe. Dont wanna go too high on voltage though. Once i know its stable for sure, ill post up the info.

Processor: 3700+ san diego
Stepping: 1
Revision: SH-E4
VID: 1.4 V
Final Clock: 11x241 = 2.65 ghz
Final Vcore: 1.5v (+.15V from stock 1.36V)

Power supply: Antec smart power 450w
MotherBoard: epox 9nda3+
RAM: Corsair DDR 400 (2x512mb)
Timmings: 2.5-3-3-8-11
RAM to FSB: 1:1
Final RAM Voltage: 2.5V (also stock voltage)

Stress testing program: prime95
Hour of Stability: 3hr 44min
Max Load Temparture: 55c
Reason for Stress Test End: felt like ending it

Heatsink: stock
Thermal Paste: stock powder that came on the heatsink.
Lapped Heatsink: dunno what this is
Lapped Processor: dunno what this is

Core temp AND CPUZ Screen Shot:

core temp: 45c idle, 55c load

CPU-Z:

Voltage Information Picture: Only voltage i changed is Vcore from 1.36 to 1.5

I was surprised my ram went up to 241mhz because its value select.

my old athlon 64 3800+ hit around 2.8Ghz but it was idling at about 50 degrees :)

well...i officially burnt up my DFI nf4 mobo today when trying to reach above 3.0ghz on my opty. 2.5 volts was a little much no? I did it once before, but o well, i guess it just didnt have one more run in it. So, no more s939 for me. :(

well...i officially burnt up my DFI nf4 mobo today when trying to reach above 3.0ghz on my opty. 2.5 volts was a little much no? I did it once before, but o well, i guess it just didnt have one more run in it. So, no more s939 for me. :(

bit much yes....

so are you going to RMA it, or is this going to drive you to buy your killer system earlier?

lol...RMA? no i bought it off a friend about 2 years ago. Im just going to get an e2180 to complete my uber build and use my 8800GT until the 9800GX2 comes out. Im waiting to see the price on the new qx9700.

lol...RMA? no i bought it off a friend about 2 years ago. Im just going to get an e2180 to complete my uber build and use my 8800GT until the 9800GX2 comes out. Im waiting to see the price on the new qx9700.

lol why did I say RMA?

I meant like get a replacement, but ya..

anyways, cool cool, with your phase change cooler, you could push 4 ghz, maybe 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom