need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
If u want to save money n use back all your old stuff, just get another stick of 256MB ram ( PC100/133 right? ) n a mid-range AGP card such as ATi Radeon 9550.

ok memory type is 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM

and didi i dont mind spending the 600-700 usd on upgrading my system it needs it :)

thx again
Droot

didi, when did ATi 9550 arrived?

anyway, if you can find, find ATi Built 9700 PRO (that was as well amazingly beautiful)

and thanks xotix, for admiring my monitor:) at least I came to know 1 thing, admiration costs heavy :) ha ha ha ha

ok while i sit here looking at all things and gathering info I have a few more questions for now and prolly more to come :)

1. Are any extra cables needed or will they be supplied with hardware?
2. To install the xp home OS onto my current harddrive besides the disk is there anything else i need or need to know?
3. How easy or diffcult is it to install the processor to the motherboard?

ok thats all for now, more to come later

*** Update ***

here is what i decided on :)

----ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL
----AMD Athlon XP 2800+ "Barton", 333MHz FSB, 512K Cache Processor - Retail
----ASUS "A7N8X-E Deluxe" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL
----Fortron 350W ATX12V Power Supply with 120mm Fan, P4 and AMD ready, Model "FSP350-60PN" -RETAIL
----Kingston HyperX Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700

TOTAL: $591.00 with shipping :) works for me

Anyone know where to get xp home OS cheap?

Thx
Droot

That looks like a good system. I don't think you would be able to get xp cheap, cheapest would be about £80 so look around in computer mags and stuff and you'll probably find one for a decent price.try some software shops too.

ok i have a few questions that i would like to be answered before i start this project.

1. Are any extra cables needed or will they be supplied with hardware?
2. How easy or diffcult is it to install the processor to the motherboard?
3. i was reading around and somone said that it is a tad diffcult to install the heatsink form amd as to installing one for a P4. true or not? if so is there any tricksor any advice to make it easier? dont feel like breaking something.
4. To install the xp OS onto my current harddrive besides the disk is there anything else i need or need to know? *jus reformat the drive first right?
5. Which will give me better sound or be the best way to go?
----Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128 OR
----ASUS "A7N8X-E Deluxe on-board sound

Thx
Droot

1) - cables should be provided with your parts, as long as its not oem parts you're buying.
2) - processor is easy, just be gentle, they can only fit one way in the board.
3) - with my experience intel own is a little easier to get on. however just be gentle and patient and you will be able to attach the heatsink without worries.
4) - when you begin installing xp and it asks you on which partition you would like to be on, delete your old partition and tell it to create new partition with the space. then format using ntfs then begin your installation.
5) - onboard sound is cheaper, but the creative labs will be better choice by far.

ok thx

1. the parts are not oem :)
2,3,4. thanks for the advice
5. already have the Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128 so dounds like thats the way to go

Thx
Droot

your welcome. just remember 99% of computer parts fit one way, so be gentle.

enjoy your new computer and let us know how it performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom