q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin90

Daemon Poster
ok so i have all my volts set to defalt cuz ive been looking around and people say you can hit 3.0 on defalt
it freesez up in post saying your system is in safemode please reset your cpu or fps config

bios:
cpu core: 1.14
cpufsb: 1.2
cpuz:
1.152v

i have the memory unlinked and set at 800 mhz but is having crap xms2 doing it
timings: 5-5-5-18

im new to overclocking so please help

cooling with a tuniq tower

i was following this guide:
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf

but not listening to the ntune crap...

thanks for the help

go through your BIOS and look for something that says Overclocking or Frequency/Voltage Regulation or something, change voltage settings to manual

thanks guys but im not doing it through ntune i herd it destroys computers. how much do you increase buy isnt it .05 volts each time?

also i have a evga 680i a1

OMG people still use Ntune...that is the worst software ever

go into your BIOS and do it that way.

i always used:
1.55v MCP
1.60v SPP
1.55v HT

i used 1.28125v for the CPU for my 3.2Ghz OC. it ran 24/7 stable. also make sure you set your memory voltage for what the mfg recommends.

ya my buddy was using ntune to oc his stuff a while back after i told him not to... it was bad news lol

but thanks for the example, what motherboard do u have?

i had a 680i A1...Nosboost300 has it now.

i also had it stable up to 3.6Ghz and i ran it through various benchmarks at 4.0-4.1 with a tuniq for cooling.

I also used the P30 BIOS as they are currenty the best for overclocking a quad. you may need to upgrade to that version to get a better/stable OC

heres my settings i used for 3.2Ghz and DDR2-800 Crucial Ballistix ram
mattspictures301ii3.jpg

mattspictures300yp7.jpg

mattspictures304io3.jpg

mattspictures303qq8.jpg

mattspictures302xl2.jpg

ok it was the bios i had the new p32 loaded. thx for the bios tip mgcook i have it at 2.8 right now and am very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom