new gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwuarre

Baseband Member
I have been looking to upgrading from my POS DellP4 lately to a more up to date gaming rig. I wanna be able to run games like crysis full settings and for this thing to last me atleast 4 yrs.
I dont know much at all about computer hardware and building computers and I dont plan to act like I do. This will be my build so I dont understand much about compatablity issues or anything like that. I plan to run it with vista but I dont know which version would be right for me.

I know it may be going over the top but for CPU I was thinking Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

for video card I was thinking
Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

I have 2 gigs Crucial ballistix already

I have a HDD that im satisfied with but if I need a new one for compatability thats fine with me.

case: centurion 5

for PSU and MoBo i have no idea what to get.
for monitor im all set

Disc drive: im not quite sure what to get i want something that can read/write cds and dvds

Thats about it.
Thanks

ok, first thing, get the g92 (512mb GTS) if you can, or the 512mb GT. best bet. Go for intel, not AMD, either a e8400 or a q6600, or wait for new quads. You might need a new HDD for a SATA drive(which you really will want).. and that is all I feel like thinking about. I am off to bed, dead tired today..

ok, first thing, get the g92 (512mb GTS) if you can, or the 512mb GT. best bet. Go for intel, not AMD, either a e8400 or a q6600, or wait for new quads. You might need a new HDD for a SATA drive(which you really will want).. and that is all I feel like thinking about. I am off to bed, dead tired today..

Second the 512 GTS best bang for your buck at the moment.

If you want to wait for the new quads you could be waiting awhile heard a bunch of different thing but most all of them are sometime in march.

my budget is $800 its a little stretchy though. I didnt really mean full settings for crysis, just med with absolute no lag. I wod rather not go with intel because its more expensive but if im wrong please try to reason with me. I didnt expect that GPU to be a final choice, I dont really know what to look for in gaming cards.
Whats a Sata drive and why would I want it?

Sata hard drives are the replacement to the old ide ribbon cable drives. Lot fast transfer rates. Although AMD might be a little cheaper right now intel will out perform any of the AMDs out right now, hands down. Really worth the extra bucks. If you don't have the extra dough to spare, which should not be much. AMD will work fine just you pay for what you get is all.

i have 800 for the case, video card, hdd, cpu, psu
so I dont know I think id rather stick with AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom