Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazykiller

Solid State Member
I was wondering would need another pump if you are going to cool your CPU and GPU with water cooling. Since the liquid coming from the CPU would already be warm when it goes through the GPU.

Any help would be nice!

Depending on your overclock, and what card/cpu you use, yes its probably a good idea to put the gpu and cpu in seperate loops.

Depending on your overclock, and what card/cpu you use, yes its probably a good idea to put the gpu and cpu in seperate loops.

correct, but you also need the expertise to install it correctly, if u screw up a bit, you screw your whole rig, just when you do it, careful on making sure its connected 100% properly

Adding another pump won't help anything. You would need to add an entire second loop. Otherwise all your accomplishing is perhaps adding a tad of flow rate.

In most cases. I.E. unless your running a qxxx9400232409824 or whatever the newest one is and an 8800ultra you really wont have an issue running one loop provided you have a decent radiator.

Personally i think its just easier and more economical to get the top of the line air cooling rather than water. Especially as much as i work on my rig.

tbh, its easier to change my cpu now that I have water than when it was air cooled...

Its just 4 thumbscrews that are right in the middle and nothing blocking them and boom off comes my cpu block, same goes for my gpu block. Don't need to have like 12 different screws holding it down. Sure its kind of a pain to swap motherboards and cases but i don't change those save for every year or so and it isn't a huge deal to me...

tbh, its easier to change my cpu now that I have water than when it was air cooled...

Its just 4 thumbscrews that are right in the middle and nothing blocking them and boom off comes my cpu block, same goes for my gpu block. Don't need to have like 12 different screws holding it down. Sure its kind of a pain to swap motherboards and cases but i don't change those save for every year or so and it isn't a huge deal to me...

Ya but dont you have to drain the system and all that first, to make a change.

no way XD everythign in the loop is self contained. Just pop it off and leave it hanging there, or prop it up with somethign if you're worried. I had to use a heat gun to fit some of the tubing on mine, and with the hose clamps i literally can't pull them apart with all my strength. ^_^ if I ever wan't to take this apart i'll have to cut the tubing.

Changing the motherboard is difficult but still possible. Though unmounting the pump takes some patience, as the adhesive pad is very powerful.

Best trick I found out was to use a nice hot blow dryer. I borrowed a lovely hello kitty one form one of my house mates. **** thing was nearly a heatgun, but it straight up just melted the adhesive and the pump popped right out. And the adhesive was still good enough to be used again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom