e8400, oh baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to god that is not true. I guess I am probably going to sell and get a new quad, but still. I was hoping to hit some records for me with this chip

What were you going to try and get it up to? Had the 65nm E6850 @4.0 So I would assume you should be able to get urs at least that high.

What were you going to try and get it up to? Had the 65nm E6850 @4.0 So I would assume you should be able to get urs at least that high.

yeah noclue you best read up on that XS thread, and all the articles linked in it.
i'd be a little leary of running anything over 1.4V till that all gets figured out.

it apparently has either a (very) faulty temp sensor, or yes...running it over that voltage can damage it. read the articles, it's very interesting (if you are a total computer nerd lol).
may actually be a mobo problem as well, the info is in depth in those threads.

Thats why you should wait till some new revisions come out for cpu's to buy. Its great having it first but most likely there's always problems. Goodluck w/ it I expect to see some nice 4.3 oc's

its odd, there are guys pushin 1.55v with 4.8ghz all day, and then there are others who get degradation at 1.35 at 4.0, its like a roll of the dice for each chip.It also seems to be mainly with the 680i boards that they are having most of the problems, the x38s and most p35s have been pretty solid other than the faulty temp readings. oh and the DS3L will work great with the e8400 right out of the box as long as its v2.0 which if you havent bought it yet, it will be.

Yeah, I hope to get up to 4.3 atleast. But keep in mind these are records for me, not anyone else... so that isnt that high:)D) I have just started. And I will deff read up on those threads.

and I will be ordering my x38 really soon. hurry up paypal transfers

When I get all that ordered, I will post a thread about it, or post it in here. Probably in a new thread, and link to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom