Built-in Webcam Driver: Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSLEO

Solid State Member
Long story short, I purchased my laptop back in May '07. It's an HP Pavillion dv6000 (dv6338se) running Vista.

I kept running into problems, so in early January - when my wireless card went out - I took it to Best Buy and they had it shipped to HP to be fixed.

It came back two weeks later with a new motherboard. Before I had it shipped, however, the man helping me with it noticed that my webcam's drivers weren't working properly so he updated them. I never use my webcam, so it wasn't a big issue for me - but he noted that he "fixed" that problem.

Lately, I've been wanting to use it. I went to this morning, and I can't find any option to access it anywhere in my start menu/programs list. The only way I can access it is to go into my control panel and open the device manager. It's still coming up as "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"

The latest drivers are installed.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not really computer literate when it comes to hardware malfunctions (Although I'm trying to soak up as much information as possible!), so I'm sure any insight you all could give me would be wonderful.

TIA

Can you access it at all in MSN or via another im program? Also you might need some webcam capture software windows movie maker can do it i believe but it has been a long time since i used it.

Well, I can't access it through AIM. I could when I first got the laptop, but that was months ago.

Hmm.

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling the camera driver, and downloading and reinstalling the latest camera driver for your laptop from the HP website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom