Help me out Guys! New Gaming Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i were you forget the dualcore...ppl need to start going with quad core just for future proof.
wait for the new 45nm quads or just get the q6600(all depends on your patience)

im saying this cos the processor isnt gonna make a bigg boost while gaming, it mainly depends on your gpu...
if you wanna go dual for now and wait for the new quads, go with the e2200(11xmulti which is great for oc)...oc the crappp outta it and you will be good for gaming with no bottle neck.

Well, I can wait maybe 2-3 weeks for a pcu, but if its 2-3 months, then no way. Should I go used Q6600/E8400 if it will take over 2 months for waiting period? I might just go with Q6600 now new and keep it, and wait 3-4 years when I upgrade it. What do you think?
John

i would get the 8800GT 512mb instead of the GTS 320mb. The GT out performs the 320mb and 640mb GTS.

just go with the e2200 and pair it up with a good cooler and oc the crapp out of it.
unless you desperately need a quad...which i dont know why you would.

i would get the 8800GT 512mb instead of the GTS 320mb. The GT out performs the 320mb and 640mb GTS.

It was either the 8800GT 512 MB 256 Bit or the 8800GTS G92 512 MB 256 Bit.

I don't really NEED a quad core, but it will be better since I will be doing a lot of photo editing and having multiple programs opened and it would be cool to have it not freeze, as my computer now with just pidgin, mozilla, and windows media player freezes frequently. I want to have Photoshop, 2 other photo programs, 2 mozilla windows, pidgin and aim, windows media, Counter strike, and GTA SA going smoothly on a 22" WD. Would 2 or 4 cores be needed?
John

*I will have many many many pictures aswell.

well for that sir, you wiil need an octi core,jk.
quad core would be perfect for that.
its all up to you if your williing to wiat.
i was in the same boat as you but that was 2 months ago so i made the right decission to change even though i didnt notice much diff from going to quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom