AMD 45nm Phenoms will come out on Late 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol... I thought the Foxconn C51XEM2AA bios helped?

tell me if your willing to rid of the Board

i dont know if it helped. i dont think foxconn has officially stated that the new bios does fully support phenom. lol, in any event, i dont have a phenom to try out.
heh...and to tell you the truth, with all the trouble i had with getting the bios flashed to the foxconn....i would likely never suggest that someone else do it.

So is the 9900 also known as the FX-91?

I am on a new build now and was getting a 5000+ 2.6gh as an interim solution until the higher performance quads come out later this year.

I flashed my bios easily, i just dont have a phenom to try yet. Am i the only amd guy here who can run a phenom?

you also flashed a bios that was made for your board. if evga had a bios update, i could say the same thing. unfortunately, they didn't...so it was up in the air wether the foxconn bios would even work AT ALL. i was the guinea pig.
it is likely that i will be able to run a quad in this mobo, but i will lose lots 'o features that are important to me.
you will likely lose said features as well. you just wont know until you pop the chip in.
i will NOT be putting a phenom chip in this mobo, in any event (lol i've already gone thru 3 chips). if i cant get a 780a mobo by the time i am ready to upgrade i wont upgrade. or, i'll buy an intel.*cough*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom