Antec Nine Hundred Core2Duo Build Log... (56k, grab a snickers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.... since the winderful Plextor PX-712SA/SW-BL SATA DVD burner I have Does NOT have 64bit OS supprt, I ordered a new Dual layer DVD burner with Lightscribe.... only $40 too, not too shabby.
ASUS DRW-2014L1T

It's on its way here from down by Trotter's house now.... Departure scan was about 40 minutes ago. :D

Jeez, I LOVE Newegg!... Only ordered this thing about 24 hours ago, and the processed the order on a HOLIDAY! Didn't even pay for the rush processing.

Ha i've got the same burner too! In the SAME case :p

Got the burner on Wednesday, and got it all installed. Funny thing is that this one is about 2 inches SHORTER than the burner that I was using. Haven't tried using it though. I got a pack of the litescribe discs too, hopefully it works out ok... I gotta take another pic of the rig one of these days.

Ethereal, just wanted to thank you for posting all this.

I had purchased the same case and would not have done anything with it if I had not seen this topic/forum. I am new to all this, so these kinds of simple solutions are a great start for someone like myself. My own case cutting has been completed and I am painting now.

Awesome, glad the write up was some help! This was my first one... 2nd one is work in progress, in my sig.... Project Pink (case for my sister, lol).

Well... to be fair, when it is finished, I will post pics.... I HAVE the extensions for the power/reset cables, but they came with the case for my CURRENT project... if I don't need them there, they will be used to FINALLY FINISH the Antec 900!!

Hey guys.... So.... my buddy has been livin with me for the past few months, and about 2 weeks ago, we FINALLY got around to moving his stuff into his bedroom... ended up swapping desks between the bedroom and the office, and now I have a nice HUGE desk in here for all my s........ stuff.

Well, I took it upon myself to clean out my computer after having it for 6 months..... EWWWWWW... This is just one of the mesh fan filters I have on the front of the case.... This is photographic evidence of one of only TWO things I don't like about my cats.... I do love them though. Office is a pet-free zone..... no pets allowed.
BEFORE:
06-12-08_1939.jpg

DURING:
06-12-08_1940.jpg

AFTER:
06-12-08_1945.jpg

... While doing that, I used a cable extender to FINALLY re-route my power & LED cables....

First pic, is the before completion (the IDE drive was just temporary in this pic)
Assembly09.jpg

COMPLETED!!!
Antec900.jpg

lol @ the fur....i know EXACTLY what you mean. i came home yesterday to one of my fat ones all curled up INSIDE my new case (it was empty lol). the other fat one was lurking in the cardboard box...waiting to ambush something...
excellent job, man!
i was thinking of painting the inside of my new case black...but then i was like, "it doesn't have a window...screw that i just want to get it together!"
the case i got is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting...and wire management is going to be a real test of my skill.
once again, ^^^that^^^ looks AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom