flickers and weird things

Status
Not open for further replies.

eparz

Beta member
my power supply blew a few days ago.
i replaced it with a new one, and replaced teh fan (because the old one used to make dreadful noise)..

anyway, i didn't actually replace them by hand, i sent them to a pc place.

today i just got my pc back. i plugged in my HDD within teh appropriate cables and stuff.. and started the pc.. everything dos-startup related seemed fine.. when the XP boot screen shows up, the animated bar becomes all flickery, colored pixels start going about on the right of the bar.. then the screen stops working and the pc becomes in dead mode..

it's more likely a hardware problem, isn't it?

oh and by the way, i tried 2 HDDs so the problem couldn't be the HDD itself.
i also tried safemode.. it goes in the OS itself.. but everything is glitchy and you can't see anything..

well try re-installing your drivers for your graphics card. also, make sure everything is plugged in and secure. its either a monitor problem or graphics card.

The PSU may have taken the mobo with it.

I would also check ALL of your connections, both power and data. I'm not saying the PC shop would mess with it on purpose, but somehthing might have jiggled loose in transit or not bee plugged back properly.

The PSU may have taken the mobo with it.

I would also check ALL of your connections, both power and data. I'm not saying the PC shop would mess with it on purpose, but somehthing might have jiggled loose in transit or not bee plugged back properly.

true. My psu once went out and took out one of my pci-e slots aswell...i had to move my card to my second pci-e slot( the bottom one) so if you have two slots, try the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom