Um....Overclocking my *laughs* P2 233mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a acer 60mhz Pentium I that someone can have if they want to overclock that.... im sure you could get it up to a whopping 90mhz if you tried hard enough :)

lol...who would want that? I just tore a whole 75Mhz Intel apart and I only kept the chip for looks on my computer desk next to my old fried AMD Athlon XP 1600! The intel chip is metal! :D

The Atari Jaguar my N64 run faster than that, but of course, it's RISC, but that wouldn't really matter here.

Oh well...I have given up overclocking my machine...I know it will not go up the 433 mark...and my guess is that yours wont go up 233...

You guys have slow processors. Lol. Just kidding. I am not very good at over clocking. I have a 1.3GHz AMD Duron Processor and for some reason in runs faster then my friend's 3.06GHz with hyper threading. Thats really weird.

Randy said:
You guys have slow processors. Lol. Just kidding. I am not very good at over clocking. I have a 1.3GHz AMD Duron Processor and for some reason in runs faster then my friend's 3.06GHz with hyper threading. Thats really weird.

I would assume that is because AMD processors are FAR better then Pentiums. Besides, a CPU is definetly not the only factor that determines speed...

Can't you software overclock? or am I thinking of PocketPCs...

Speaking of a mere 60 MHz, my POCKETPC runs at more then twice that (206) overclockable to 300! :p no offense...besides, I still have an old 75 Mhz IBM Aptiva in the basement...it's been through many Operating systems...Win 3.1 to 95, then to reinstall that about 3 times as the drive requires reformats due to crashes.....then Mandrake Linux 8.6, where XServer couldn't run because of the low CPU and 8 megs of RAM, ....then back to 95...I don't think there's any OS on that 1 gig drive now!

How do you overclock laptops...is it even safe to overclock a 1.9GHz mobile P4 to 2.2 GHz?

yeah i bet my ti calc will run more games than that thing. my personal computer is an IBM CrAptiva. it has a P2 233 on a mother moard that cant even handle a bigger processor.:( it has 192 mb of sdram and a 48X cdr-w drive. it cant even keep up with my burner.

i was talking to my dad about old pcs he said at one point to calculate how much ram you wanted you took the number or mg ram and multiplying it buy AU$1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he even remembers when ram was mesured in kilobites!!!!!!!!!!!1 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom