Looking for 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch45

Baseband Member
Hey guys...Im looking for a 8800GTS 512mb G92 core...who has the best price? Is there one brand that scores better then the others...EVGA?...XFX? Thanks

its not really a matter of brand as to which one scores better. but rather the clocks they are set to, and you can set those yourself. honestly both of the brands you mention are very good and you wouldn't go wrong with either. they have good warranty's, evga has a step-up program, and they are both generally accepted as two of the best makers of nvidia products.

check newegg, they usually have some good deals. currently the have a xfx 8800gts g92 for $299 with a $20 mail in rebate. which is a **** of deal if you ask me.

who cares which one scores better, its usually the Super Superclocked card that does it, but those cards are out there to trick out n00bs to buy the highest price cards knowing it'll perform better when you can easily overclock it yourself

Good to know. I think im gonna roll with that card...I can't find a better price then that. Thanks for the help...I think my pc is finally done.

I have had my GTS512 clocked as high as 780 on stock cooling. So its not really worth the extra money to buy the preoverclocked cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom