Endless Reboot (Did a Search!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalninjas

Baseband Member
Well each search on this topic brought up a different cause and a slight difference. Ok, heres mine:

A program was searching for files and then Explorer crashes, so we restart and then the Windows XP boot screen appears and brings me to the screen of where it has the options such as, "Safe mode, Start Windows Normally", etc etc. But each one, when we try it, it will just do that over and over. Computer is new fyi. So yea, start throwing possible causes at me, could the RAM be dead? I cant understand why that could cause this though. :mad:

are u able to test the ram in a differ comp? i had a problem with reboots alot and it turned out to be the memory slots on my mobo went bad. so i get a new mobo, and i still have the same....i find that since the memory slots went bad that it did sumtin to my ram stick. so i replace the ram and now all is fine

If the computer is booting to the windows xp screen it might not be a mobo or a ram problem. U might just need to reinstall xp.

go into bios and change the fast boot setting. since its happening in safe mode, I would try reseating the mem and cpu and have a bare minimum start up config (as in, remove the floppy, cdrom, snd card, etc.. just bare minimum)... and try to boot then add them back one at a time and see if you can get into safe mode first. If you can, then try for nomral mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom