No Product Key on PC Case = Fake Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those disks are for reformatting your current install on the machine it came with.

If you install it on a new machine, you are legally obligated to uninstall XP from the original machine.

You have 1 sticker, 1 license, its supposed to be on 1 pc.

Not that I care. I've used bootleg knowingly for years. ;)

From what I've herd they don't have to have graduated from a college as a computer system technician they just have to take this course that qualifies them as computers techs

Because you have to go to college to know about computers... Because there aren't other sources of information in the world. :rolleyes:

So what about if you get one of those HP or Dell Windows cd's that include the OS installation software, I'm assuming they would consider this to be bootleg software as well

it's not bootleg if you use your serial

According to this Microsoft web page about certificates of authenticity, OEM's are required to affix the COA sticker on the side of the computer. They are also required to provide a software license.

I've found that OEM versions do come with the sticker, and retail versions come with a COA that isn't in sticker form, and that is verified on this other MS web page.

Geek Squad, say no more...

They once told me how to install a wireless video card :confused:
I never had a wireless video card, but I did have a wireless video sender that sent the signal from my video card to my TV in the other room. It conflicted with my wireless router, though, so I had to stop using it.

Yes OEM are required to affix the sitck. If you buy it from a OEM. If you buy the OEM disc from NewEgg or another source you do not need to affix the sticker. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom