x38 or 780i

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya but its like the intel vs amd argument the nvidia chipset is good, but price wise a maximus formula is way better then a striker extreme, heck the maximus formula is better then the striker 2 extreme. a few people on here have also said that nvidia probably fixed a few bugs with the 780i, if they did, i think anandtech would have mentioned it all they said was they are using the same old 680i north bridge and a new pci-e 2.0 south bridge chip. its not even a new and improved 680i northbridge its the same old chip with the same problems. i love amd like i love nvidia, all you have to do tho is buy the better product. amd need to pick up its socks in the cpu area, nvidia needs to do the same in the chipset area.

ya if your going x38 the formula is the way to go. you will love it. only problem and it isnt really a problem, is the huge heat sink on it will scratch your hand if your instaling a tuniq tower.

ya if your going x38 the formula is the way to go. you will love it. only problem and it isnt really a problem, is the huge heat sink on it will scratch your hand if your instaling a tuniq tower.

I cant wait until my account in paypal is filled up. Waiting for a dag on transfer. Then my bro owes me some money too. like 500 :D makes me feel better about spending 260 on a mobo :D

its well worth it, with my first build i kinda cheaped out with the asus a8n5x, well its not really cheapign out it was a 150$ mobo, but it had nothing on this maximus formula, and back then a premeum mobo woulda costed somethng like 350$

yeah. I cant wait to push my system. with my old specs, e6600, I got a 10641 on 3dmark06, I cant wait to see what it is with my new stuff.

But my 8400 is running at 2ghz right now, because of crappy support from asus, it doesnt recognize the processor, so it reduces the multi to 6x. :(

the maximus formula should. all x38 board are 45nm ready. liek the bios is equipted to recognize those chips. so you should be fine, im not sure what the bios version is at now, but i do know my board shiped with the most recent bios for it.

the maximus formula should. all x38 board are 45nm ready. liek the bios is equipted to recognize those chips. so you should be fine, im not sure what the bios version is at now, but i do know my board shiped with the most recent bios for it.

yeah, and asus is not hard to update. but even with the newest bios on this crappy sli plus, which says it is good with 45nm, it isn't. rather upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom