GPU Heatpipe VS HSF - what's better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhasser

Baseband Member
I could get a 8800GT with heatpipe cooling on it, or the usual HSF one. Which one of them do you think would be more stable and overclockable? Obviosly, the heatpipe one is noiseless, for one. And it looks amazing too.

if you went with heatpipe i'd recomend thermal takes HR-03 i dont know if it'll fit your 8800GT but it should.

beware this HS is huge and may bend your card a little.

if you went with heatpipe i'd recomend thermal takes HR-03 i dont know if it'll fit your 8800GT but it should.

beware this HS is huge and may bend your card a little.

there is a HR-03 for the gt. make sure you get the right one. i dont have a link, but I heard someone on hear talking about it. Just fair warning

The sparkle card is fanless, so at times it can become sizzlingly hot. Im talking 100* plus here. AnandTech: Sparkle 8800 GT Passive: The Fastest Silent GPU in the World

It looks like they've used a micro atx case in that review, which is just not airflowy enough.

Also, is that right - card with heatpipe cooling = passive card? So, basically, to cool it down I need to stick a heatsink fan on top of it anyways? Hmm... I sort of thought it's A. better than HSF, B. doesn't need any HSF on top of it, that's why it looks great.

Confused :confused: .

It looks like they've used a micro atx case in that review, which is just not airflowy enough.

Also, is that right - card with heatpipe cooling = passive card? So, basically, to cool it down I need to stick a heatsink fan on top of it anyways? Hmm... I sort of thought it's A. better than HSF, B. doesn't need any HSF on top of it, that's why it looks great.

Confused :confused: .

You are not supposed to need a fan. But they are just saying, it could get really hot, so it would be safest to put on it.

Oh, ok. Thanks! Well, this sucks then :/. I only wanted it for silence and col look, but it seems it'll need to be noisy an ugly-looking anyway, so :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom