Work Laptop : Budget £150-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
Firstly, I have a budget of £150, it could go up to £200 but i would prefer to stay under £150.
Im looking for a laptop that will be able to run MS Office 2007, Firefox and Thunderbird all decently fast. It needs to have Wireless Built. I dont mind if its running XP or Vista but if it doesnt have an OS pre installed i need it to be able to run Vista as i have a vista install disc. I dont want it to run Linux.
These are my needs of this laptop. Can anyone reccomend What laptop i should get and where i should buy it?
Remember im in the UK.
Thanks

You're going to have a tough time finding a new laptop in that pricerange. I'd look at used laptops on ebay or something.

Used laptops of reasonable spec on ebay go for 100 - 200 quid be careful though if you can view the laptop before you buy it.

If you are interested in a discount laptop I might be persuaded to part with my old workhorse for around your budget.

The catch is that it has an American adapter (still plugs into 220v though), and American keyboard layout. It's in "fair/good" condition....the headphone jack is a bit messed up so you have to play with a headphone cord to get sound through the phones sometimes....

It's an Inspiron 5160.

-P4 3.06ghz Mobile with SpeedStep
-60gb HD
-512mb RAM
-Nvidia geForce go fx5200
-DVD rom
-Integrated WiFi
-15.4'' Screen
-XP Home Edition

Also have a carrying case for it that I would throw in. If you are interested just give me a PM.

Thanks for the replies guys! Gurusan - I have PM'd you.
(PM'd !!???)
As for ebay, I have been looking around on there for a while now and haven't really found anything that i would reallly be happy with buying. Anybody else got any help?

Well micromart is available most places you can find a lot of stuff there that might be useful. it's only a £1 in tesco an morrissons I have seen some nice laptops from this one company, but Gurusan's offer is cheeper than them so i would go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom