COD4 taking ages to load is this right ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run CPU-Z and its @ 2.4Ghz but it says when i click on the memory that its ~ 533 when i should have 1066Mhz. Also when i click on SPD it says Max Bandwidth PC2-6400(400Mhz) and i have PC2-8500 ram why is this ?

... thats the speed, its half, so ddr2 1066 ram runs at 533mhz

Oh right was getting worried there for a bit thought i was sent the wrong ones. Thanks

Yeah it's a big game, takes a while to install. And that has more to do with the speed of your dvd drive rather than the cpu. Mine took a good 20-30 minutes.

Every time i put the disc into the drive it freezes and it should autorun but doesn't then when i go to my computer and double click on it it freezes again and my computer comes up "Not responding". If i go start, run and browse the disc it takes ages to open then i click setup and it starts to install but gets so far then an error comes up

I've installed a few games that have taken nearly 45 min on my OC rig ;p. I don't actually find it installs any faster on this new rig as opposed to my 4yo rig. It was a big disappointment but you only really install em once so i can live with it.

Every time i put the disc into the drive it freezes and it should autorun but doesn't then when i go to my computer and double click on it it freezes again and my computer comes up "Not responding". If i go start, run and browse the disc it takes ages to open then i click setup and it starts to install but gets so far then an error comes up

buy another drive from like best buy or somewhere close and switch it out.
see if it works. if it doesn't work, you can return it.
how far along are you on this build? have you just recently finished it?
and it has never worked correctly?
if replacing the drive doesn't work, you should consider backing up your files and re-formatting.
didn't dario say something about checking your IDE cable and make sure its all connected properly?
do you have the power hooked up to the drive?
have you tried re-setting the cmos?

It took me over an Hour to install from an ISO i downloaded. It's a huge game, and should take longer to install from Steam/DVD-Rom.

Nagasama : I didnt reset the cmos yet. Ill have to get a new drive or 2. I did check all the cables and all seem ok. How about updating the bios or how do i do that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom