Two questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
First:
If I am building another computer can I use the xp disc that I have for this computer for the new comp or do I need to go out and buy XP again?

Second:
How far away can you hear the two speakers behind you with a 5.1 set? Because It is going in my room and if I hung them on the wall behind me they will be about 9 feet away. So is it worth doing 5.1 or should I just do something like 3.1?Have a sub , two on the side and one on the top?

of course you'll require another copy of Windows XP :)

this is unlike previous versions, as usually people buy one, and all the PC's in home get installed with it, Ha.

as you have to activate the the windows as well.

also, to let you know, once you get windows activated, then do not change the hardware (Mobo, CPU and RAM) esle next time you'll have to call icrosoft for the acivation code opening :)

else u can change anythign anytime.

this activation thign sucks, I have to buy 4 Windows XP Professionals for my 2 room flat. (can u believe it)

As for the speakers, you will have to change the volume and you might be able to hear the speakers 9 feet away. I have a 5.1 set and they are 3 ft away and I can hear them just fine.

GameGURU said:
As for the speakers, you will have to change the volume and you might be able to hear the speakers 9 feet away. I have a 5.1 set and they are 3 ft away and I can hear them just fine.

how much more is it for 5.1 over 3.1? Also what are some good speakers to get I have no idea haha

edit: actually they might not have 3.1

Nope its only once for all of them cause microsoft is so stupid...i dont get what makes them click...could it be that they are a monopoly??? (DUH!)

so about the speakers... what are some good 5.1 speakers? Not sure what is good

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 NX External USB Sound System, Model "SB0300" -RETAIL

Model# 70SB030000000
Item # N82E16829102167

Specifications:
Channels: 7.1
Max Sampling Rate: 96kHz
Signal-Noise Ratio: 102dB(SNR)
Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital EX(5.1&7.1)
Digital Audio: 24-bit
PC Interface: USB2.0/1.1
Connectors: USB Connector, Line-Out, Line-In, Mic-In, S/PDIF In/Out
External Box: Yes
Remote Control: Yes
Package Contents: See pics
Special Features: DVD Audio, EAX Advanced HD

29-102-167-02.jpg

29-102-167-04.jpg

29-102-167-03.jpg

29-102-167-01.jpg

Status