usb port problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyeyesbtb

Beta member
my front usb ports are not working and some in the back are losing power? is there a reason and how do i fix it

Check in your device manager Start, control Panel, System, Hardware, Device manager. Down at the bottom Are the usb controllers closed or open with yellow or red marks by them. If so then you have a driver problem maybe even a hardware problem. Right click on the individual drivers[ IE: standard usb host controllers] and such. and select update driver. If no luck you can remove the drivers and restart and let windows reinstall the drivers. You may need the windows disk for this but not always.At least you can try this first. But to me it sounds like a hardware problem. If nothing else as a last ditch effort you could try a bios update. But that is only as a last option.

Is this a computer that you purchased from a company, or one that you built yourself?

If it's a homebuild, then ensure that you've actually connected the USB headers on the board to the ports, and also make sure if the headers are connected - that they're not connected to the Firewire header, which is identical but for it's colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom