Q6700 vs Phenom 9500 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer max clock vs max clock. If your not doing that then you can just do stock vs stock. Higher overclock is a benefit of intel. If your not overclocking then the phenom is fine but if you do overclock I would get the q6600. Seeing what they can do at same clock for a clock for clock comparison is fine but I wouldn't base a purchase on it.
Not running a cpu at what it is capable of would be like pulling some spark plugs out of a v8 so it can race a v6. Run what ya brung.

true. but running them both stock wouldn't give an accurate clock to clock comparison. which is how i think the comparison should be made. or, the phenom could be clocked to 2.4ghz. either way, thats a fair and accurate comparison of performance. if cpu a is running one speed and cpu b is running a different speed, there really is no reason to compare them, because the difference in performance is not being accurately measured. although, im sure there would be some sort of formula to figure it out. math isnt my strong point, so i dont know.

If you want to know the clock for clock performance than thats fine. But faster is faster.

im not saying anything about it being faster.
what i am saying is that if 2 cpus are clocked to different speeds, the comparison of a versus b is not an accurate comparison of their clock vs. clock performance.
thats what im saying. again. its fairly obvious and straightforward.
nothing in there about which is better or faster.

Man, whats so hard about it? We already know the deal with intel and amd chips. The point is theres a minimal increase in performance between both chips at the same clock speed.

correct.
the point is:
it is totally pointess to compare a 3ghz intel quad
with a 2.2ghz AMD quad.
a post with both running at stock (or even better...the same speed) would be actually informative. a post showing the difference with an 800mhz clock difference is not. of course we all know the intel chip will win.
no offense rico.
lol @ this thread x 2

The point of the thread is q6700 vs phenom 9500 in 3dmark06. If your going to compare the chips then you can't just ignore the overclock advantage. So once you do the overclock the advantage in 3dmark06 isn't so small.
Personally I would do stock vs stock, clock vs clock, and max overclock vs max overclock. To me the max overclock is the most important, to a non-overclocker the stock vs stock matters most. The clock vs clock is good for guessing performance difference when overclocking.

hey that sounds like an even better idea, actually dario.
three different comparisons that you listed above.
that would provide a more rounded result.
how about it rico?

Agreed, having all 3 comparrisons makes sense. Seeing as I don't care that a 3.6 intel chip beats a 2.6 amd chip. If you can't figure that much out then maybe you should buy a dell.

2.4 v 2.4 or 3.4 v 3.4 etc etc etc. That shows which is faster.

You wouldnt put an ablebodied man in a running contest vs a 1 legged handicap kid just to show the man is faster... duh? Same idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom