e8400, oh baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks, 'cause that stuff isn't really cheap.

nope, shipping is what gets ya. The shipping was almost more than the mx-2 was. 11 and some change I think. (total)
oh well, it will help out my temps a lot.

I cant wait for my new mobo! I need to order soon I guess

Well, no luck with the bios update. Looks like I will need a new board before I can get my multi higher than 6. Everytime I boot it says, unknown cpu and lowers it to 6.

so I guess it is time to redo my heatsink, then just push it as high as possible with a 6x multi. :D

sorry for the double post

ok, so my temps did not improve when I redid the heatsink. I think it might be the quality of the thermal paste. There is no way that this cpu runs idle at 45C+. On tues I will work on getting it better. Then when my mobo gets here, I will be set I think. If they dont improve then, I will know something is up.

but* ntune says that my vcore is 1.49... and my temp is 15C. Wow, something is up. ehh.

Don't worry, most mobo's are having a hard time giving accurate temps with these new wolfdales. On my abit coretemp gives me 46C idle and load, and uguru gives me 26C idle and 30 C load. Everest doesn't even show my cpu temp :\.

the new x38's would really be the best. They were made to work together. Or a 780i.

i was going to buy the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 motherboard, would that be a bad choice with the wolfdale? or is it just a matter of updating the bios?

also at this link

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 1.0)

(thats the mobo im getting) they said it supports the new 45nm chips and is good for overclocking, perhaps look at that? plus its cheap too (around $100)

and after further research i see that they already have a bios update to support the e8400+

ALSO: im not big on OCing so if i didnt want to overclock it, i'd be fine right? temp wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom