What in the Dell do they use? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
My roommate last year had a Dell Dimension 2400 computer, and he would play games that my emachines couldn't handle, hahaha. Anyway, he was playing Call of Duty, and Medal of Honor and other stuff like that, but we couldn't figure out what kind of video card he had. What video cards does Dell use? The games didn't look that bad, granted it wasn't on the highest settings or anything, but still, no lag.

let me know both of ur specs:

Dell is not speciality, though whats inside does matters. let me know the internal things (or ur model at least), i can find about dell 2400 in a minute.

dell dimenion is on intel extreme (can share upto 64MB memory) intel though isnt in the main stream graphic market, but systems with inetgrated graphic show at least results good.

whats the model of ur eMachines?

at least I can gaurantee, that manufacturers seldom bring any difference (as if on same hardware)

I don't know the exact model numbers, but here are the specs that I can remember:

Dell: Intel Pentium 4 2.2 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB hard drive

Emachines: Intel Celeron 1.7 MHz, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB hard drive

I'll try to see if I can dig up the model numbers.

u see pentium, SSE2 Integer and L2 = 512K cache extra.

Celeron gives up too early. you'll fel like celeron got tired after some work.

though as graphic peformance is concerned, motherboard chipset does matters sa well, dell is with intel, your might be with SiS or Via

The Dell was model number d24rs emachines was model number T1740. I looked at their specs and couldn't find anything about video cards.

dell' s 2400 series came with Intel Integrated 64MB shared memory VGA card. on Intel 845 chipset.

lemme have a look on urs model. and will write the difference in few mins

eMachines T1740 came with same chipset Intel 845GV, and here is the board used in eMachines T1740 is manufactured by FIC model VC37

here is the Mobo link

FIC VC37

Dell was on Pentium-4, as wll the manufactuirer of the motherboard does matters on performance.

hope u got the idea.

The basic point is just dont go for stock computers for games, they are no good. Unless its an Alienware or a Falcon Northwest. Dell and eMachines what you to keep coming back and buying their stuff so they wont make it nearly as good as what you would get to put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom