Is it possible to use Xp for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
If I am building another computer can I use the xp disc that I have for this computer for the new comp or do I need to go out and buy XP again?

This is a very contriversial issue... If you're not using the old computer any more, I'd say you're fine to re-use it. But if you're going to use them both frequently, I would say be safe and buy another cd.

blackwrx said:
This is a very contriversial issue... If you're not using the old computer any more, I'd say you're fine to re-use it. But if you're going to use them both frequently, I would say be safe and buy another cd.

Well... I will be using this computer still, but what would happen if I just try it? Like it will either work and if it stops working after a few days then I would just go out and buy XP like I was going to in the first place. So is it ok to try it or no? By the way it is xp home

Well i know that you have to activate the OS, and they might be able to see through the installation ID that you have gone over the amount of PC's that you can install it on. Technically you have to have more than one CD-Key in order to use it on more than one HD and you have to buy that license.

GameGURU said:
Well i know that you have to activate the OS, and they might be able to see through the installation ID that you have gone over the amount of PC's that you can install it on. Technically you have to have more than one CD-Key in order to use it on more than one HD and you have to buy that license.

So you saying i could try it or I shouldn't? I mean i dont know what will happen if i do try it and it does work besidesbeing dissappointed.

I would try, but you might not. Its not like they will come to your house and arrest you...(wait, its microsoft, of course they will). So i dont know give it a try and if we dont hear from you...we will assume the arrested you and the rest of us wont try it. Honestly i would try.

GameGURU said:
I would try, but you might not. Its not like they will come to your house and arrest you...(wait, its microsoft, of course they will). So i dont know give it a try and if we dont hear from you...we will assume the arrested you and the rest of us wont try it. Honestly i would try.

hahahaha

:D

yeah I'm gonna try it... I was just wondering if like if oyu tried it and it doesnt work you are screwed or someting haha but I guess that doesn't make sense.
thanks man

No one will know if u got a pirate window running on your PC in your own house.

There are about 3 of these threads active right now. There are several ways u can go about doing this. Get an activation crack, get a corporate edition, buy a new copy of XP, or deal with Microsoft giving u a new activation code. Your choice, really, depending on how legal u want your system to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom